Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ignorane is a Bliss

I have not blogged in 700 years. Not really sure why. I guess I run out of things to ramble about. But this week I have been annoyed of the same topic that has too many words to write a status implying that I hate people and the world. So here I am.

A few weeks ago I wrote a facebook status about how people should not compare nor compete with others in life because we were all raised different and are all different. About 25 people screen shotted it and sent to a friend asking if they saw my status and was it about so and so which then got sent to me to find out if it was about so and so. So just to clear that up, it was in fact NOT about any particular person. It was something I have noticed more and more lately that has annoyed the crap out of me. I cant say that I have never judged because I know I do it. More often than I should. But upon realizing how obnoxious people are about competing in this little military town I have made my self more aware of what I am judging others on.

As most of you know my handsome man of a husband returned from Afghanistan last week. The kids have loved every second and well I can't lie that I havent enjoyed someone around to help out. Not the point of telling you he came home. We have finally had the chance to have real conversations about what he did over there and who he was with and blah blah blah. Then I was told about the epitome of ignorance.

A Marine my husband had the grand ole pleasure of spending 185 days with had the nerve to tell my husband that our kids were bad.  Wait what? I am the first person to tell you my kids are a pain in my rear in 99% of the time but with that being said they are also VERY well behaved children. Outside of the house particularly. This guy has been around my kids 3 times tops to make it even more fantastic and ridiculous. It blows my mind that someone can judge children so quickly. Kids will be kids. Its how life works. You can not have a perfect kids 24/7, especially 3 perfect kids that close in age. My oldest fights with me on every pair of shoes I try to put on her feet. She has a panic attack when she is hungry. {Thank you hypoglycemia} My middle child has well middle child syndrome and thinks everything is hers no matter what it is. Bentley is the baby and he also thinks everything is his and I have spoiled him rotten. But that does NOT mean they are bad kids. I know my kids limits and I don't exceed them. I know exactly how long I can sit in a car with them before shit hits the fan. I know exactly how many stores I can go in before I am that Mom with the 2 screaming kids and the other one darting in the street.  Every child has a point where they are no longer that angel sitting there quietly. Seeing as he has a newborn I'm not sure how he can say he knows what parenting is like in the first place.

After saying my kids are awful he went on to say that my choices are bad as well. Yup I'm a horrible wife. I've spent at least 60 months alone since my husband has joined the Marines but hell if I'm not a horrible person. I use the F word more than any normal human should but tell me how that describes the person I am? Its like saying that because I have tattoos I am a bad mom? That makes absolutely NO sense. Yes I cuss at my kids. Yes I use the f word to spice up my sentence even when its not necessary but that doesn't define me as a person. My house is nearly spotless all day every day. Dinner is on the table when my husband gets home. Laundry is done and put away. Fridge is stocked. Homework is done. The kids are bathed. The cars are clean. I know for a fact half of that is not done in his house all the time but yet I am the bad wife? When Ryan went back to work the day after they got back from deployment he left as soon as he could, what did this guy do? Oh right, he stayed a few extra hours to drink with his friends. If he has such a great wife then why is my husband rushing home to be with me and he's lying to his?

I adore this man's wife so it is a shame that this is how he talks about our family. What makes others think that they can talk bad about someones family for no reason?Why should he be concerned with the way we run our house hold? Every house is run differently and some people just cant wrap that around their brain. This dude and my father in law are welcome to have a "I hate Meridith and the way she throws around the F word and voices here opinion" party. Because they both seem to hate me for the same reasons.

So reevaluate the way you look at others and their life style. No reason to judge. We are not all equal. Even if Obama is trying to make it that way.

3 comments:

  1. People are always going to talk, they are always going to comment, it's a part of life and you can't do anything about except for how YOU handle it. And you have handled this very poorly. Shame on you for bringing down his wife. Shame on you for bringing down their marriage. A person with a good marriage, would never do that.
    You said, "What makes others think that they can talk bad about someones family for no reason?" What make you think you can spread stuff about them on the internet? You are doing the exact same thing he did!
    You say your house is spotless, dinner is always ready... do you want a cookie for that? So what if the other wife doesn't have a spotless house? Why are you trying to bring her down so much because of what her husband did? You say you adore her, but you clearly don't. And the worst of it all, talking badly about her marriage. Why are you trying to start sh*t? Why are you being an instigator? Do you want them to divorce? Do you want their innocent newborn to have parents who are split up? No! So don't going around spreading things you don't know about them. If he said something unvalid, just let it roll off your back, don't try to hurt others. No guy would just say to another guy that their wife is a bad wife, if the husband hadn't already said it first. So instead of attacking another family why don't YOU ask your husband why he is tolerating another man speaking of his wife and children this way. And like I imagine you will, please delete this post. It is embarrassing for yourself and your family. I hope to God the other wife never finds it, but a part of me hopes she does then she will see that you are not a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of I am not spreading things about them on the internet because there was no names involved so for all anyone knows I made this up for shits and gigs. And my husband did NOT allow him to speak poorly of his family. He told/asked him to my speak about us that way and distanced him self as much as he could. Also I did not bring down their marriage I simply pointed out that the things he thinks make me a bad wife I know are not the case. We are also not the only people who have had to ask him to watch what he says about others familes. Also if you weren't such a coward and left your name then I would know how well you knew me because I can promise you I am not a bad friend. Also if you don't like what you're reading on my blog take your happy ass on another page! :)

      Delete