Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Seriously?

You know that last blog I posted about murdering cars? Success. I murdered my car that very next day. I did not mean to. I in fact was trying to help my car. As I stated I got my oil changed and was so proud of my self for doing so. Well the next day my car started ticking. This really loud, hear over my loud car going 70mph tick.

At first I described it as a clock, then it got all the more annoying and I said it was like a bomb and I was waiting for it to go off. Every male person I talked to, saw or texted I asked them what it could be. Every single one of them said the same thing, " You should probably get your oil changed." Well smart men I just did that and then it started making this noise. I gave up trying to figure out what it was by just explaining it. We drove to visit my husband in Jacksonville and of course I then made him listen to it. He had no idea what it was. He then drove down a street that apparently nothing was open on Saturdays. The dealership was busy so no luck there. First thing Monday morning my Dad took it to the shop to get it looked at. We heard nothing for 24 hours.

Finally this morning we got a call that they figured out what the problem was. "something in the valve train" If I knew what that meant I would tell you. All I got out of it was that its under warranty and I wasn't paying for the problem. So now I'm thinking great I'm car less because they said it would be a few days. But  I went to pick up a courtesy car and my car was the talk of the shop.

One guy said " Oh so you're the one with the ticking engine, whatd you do to it?" "I changed the oil. I was trying to help it." "What'd you put in it, water?" NO!

I told you guys I have no luck with cars. Me and cars clash very badly. So I got a lovely 2012 Buick Enclave until Friday. Much smaller than my tank but it will do. Moral of the story, never change your oil!!

No comments:

Post a Comment