Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Car Murderer

I swear one day I am going to murder a car of mine. I absolutely HATE auto repair shops. I hate every single one of them. They always have a few people in front of you. There is always a tiny little waiting room with the news on. A vending machine that looks like its from the 1980's and mass amounts of men who are more than thrilled to know I  know nothing about cars. As soon as you walk in they look at you like you're retarded and know nothing about anything at all.

I try my hardest to not take my kids to these places because it's just a pain in the rear end. But then because I always have them I then never go get anything done that my car needs. I'm mainly talking about oil changes because I have no idea what else needs to be regularly done? I could be killing another part of my car and have no idea. I keep telling my self that I should just learn how to do it my self but I have the feeling that would be the biggest mess in America and I would probably do it wrong and really murder my car.

My favorite story ever is about the Pacifica. We bought it Spring of 2008 and sold it Winter 2010. The oil was changed 3 times that I'm aware of. But the awesome story is about the first time I got my oil changed in this car. Prior to being the proud owner of my mom mobile I had a '98 Mountaineer. This car my parents bought so my step dad would occasionally take it and check all these things for me. Well apparently when I became a big girl and bought my own car I had to do all this my self. Sheesh no one told me about all these things. So one day I was with my brother in law and said hey can you go with me to get my oil changed my car keeps telling me I need to do that. We get to the car place and I was like " I am WAY over due for an oil change so good luck." The guy chuckled and didn't think anything of it. Then a few minutes go by and he comes back to say " Ma'am, there is no oil in your car." Well shit I think I told you it was going to be pretty bad. I couldn't stop laughing. He was shocked and didn't believe me I guess. Some how after that I still kept forgetting to get it done. The poor people that bought that car.

When we bought the Yukon I was like ok I WILL take care of this car. I will get the oil changed before or right when it's supposed to be done. Fail. We bought it in September and I just got the oil changed for the first time yesterday. 4000 miles over. Whoops. Determination. I need determination to keep this car up to date on at least the oil change. Lord knows I can't handle a broken car on the side of the road. I've never gotten a flat tire before. That may be the death of me. I was so shocked yesterday though. I walked in to this little car place down the street, handed them my keys and walked out 25 minutes later. Why am I leaving here?! I could keep my car in tact here. {Maybe I should start getting it done at Walmart and shop with the kids while they are doing it.}



It's a beautiful day out, time to go play outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment