Thursday, February 9, 2012

Life as a Homeless Family

This week has flown by as I expected. Tomorrow is already Friday. We have had ups and downs and melts downs of all sorts but we are getting better. The girls are getting use to being here and knowing that Grandma and Paw Paw go in and out and screaming isn't always necessary when they leave. I'd love to say they don't ever do that but that would be a lie. The girls have more energy than they have ever had in their life. Kylie is use to being at school and Delainey just follows every footstep her sister makes. The chaos in the house when we are all home is insane. No wonder they all leave during the day and leave me here alone with the crazies. Bentley is teething and the biggest pain in the butt right now. Where he is still so sweet and smiley he just is not having life right now. He cries all day long and just wants to eat as often and as much as possible at all times. I thought he didn't sleep before but jee willakers he has NOT slept since we got here. I take that back, he has not slept at night since we got here. He has been napping for 3 hours every morning but only on the blow up mattress. I'm thinking I will buy a blow up mattress when we get a house and see if he sleeps!

The main struggle for being at Grandma's all the time is finding things to do that don't destroy the house but keeps them occupied. Tuesday the girls were running around like they chugged red bulls. I finally asked if they wanted to help me clean. {They love to help clean. Weird.} So I got them each a bucket and rag and they washed the base boards. You'd think that would be some sort of punishment but they loved it. I didn't have to keep a constant eye on them and they were so excited to clean Grandma's house. And lord knows with my 3 kids and a ginormous lab her base boards needed a good scrub.

Ive come to realize I have nothing better to do during the day than clean the house. I've tried my hardest to help out while my Mom is at school so we aren't being as big of a burden as I know we are. I think my sister has a love hate relationship with us being here. She loves that while we are here our vegan mother makes real dinner that consist of more than twigs and berries. She hates that we all gang up on her for leaving things all over the place. And she loves that I am a fast food junkie who will smuggle in soda and fries.

The other day Mom told us we were having Salmon burgers. Bailey {my 15 year old sister} and I looked at each other and said, "Hmm Chick-Fil-A?" Poor Dad had to whisper into her ear to tell her he wanted a large Dr. Pepper too. Which I just gave away his secret that I'm his supplier of soda. It's like they've been deprived for so long and now they have someone to help them bring in the bad stuff so they're taking full advantage. I put Dr. Pepper in the fridge and I'm almost positive there's  only one left.

Ryan has been in his awesome apartment. {That's sarcasm, I'm afraid of it.} His first day of PT with his Marine's one of them broke an ankle. Way to go dear. The next PT he did out of 8 people 4 of them puked. Really love? The man is not human and has no idea how fast he can run. His 3 mile is shorter than my 1 mile. But so far he is enjoying his unit and the people in it. No complaints yet that I know of. Well besides the "slow civilians" that weren't giving him his gear. I believe he will be coming here for the weekend and next weekend he has a long weekend so we will most likely be visiting him. By then it will be mid February and we will hopefully get the call about a house!

No comments:

Post a Comment