Tuesday, January 10, 2012

OCD or Crazy TomAYto TomAHto

I've always been obsessed with keeps things neat and organized. That girl in school who always had a brand new mechanical pencil because the thought of a normal pencil going dull freaked me out. I physically couldn't write on anything but college ruled paper. My closet has been color coded from tank tops to long sleeve in each color for as long as I can remember. There are so many things I do a certain way and until being married I never realized how strange it was.

When Ryan and I moved to California is when I started to figure out I'm not so normal. We would bicker about all the imperfect ways Ryan was doing things. I got so obsessed over doing things the same way over and over I am convinced there's only one way to do anything.

I have to have everything matching. The girls almost always have matching cups. {Right now I'm trying to get that through my husbands head before I have a conniption.} I love when my kids wear matching outfits. I like things put away and not in sight. I keep my toaster under the cabinet not on the counter. One toy on the floor makes me say, "ok we need to clean up this disaster".

It's very hard for me to go to bed with a dirty house. I also can't leave a dirty house. I like it to be clean so when I come home it's not to a mess. Who knows you could be out to lunch with someone and invite them back to your house. You don't want to be speeding home just to pick up that mess you left.

I always think I'm normal but apparently I'm not. I do know that tere are people out there more insane than I am!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only girl who has banned wide-ruled paper from my life. :)

    ReplyDelete