Monday, January 9, 2012

Hair History

I haven't had my natural hair color since 7th grade. My natural hair color is unknown. When I started dying it, it was that awful dirty blonde, always looks dirty color.
I started by getting high lites. Then I decided I wanted brown hair, and then dark brown hair. It ended up black. Eekk. After that it took 6 hours, $350, and 3x bleaching it to be blonde again. I lost half my hair that day. That was March 2005. In 9th grade I dyed my hair every 2 days, so NOT healthy for your hair. I was blonde for almost 6 years. I finally went brunette again June 2010.

My husband had only ever known me as a blonde so I of course did it while he was gone so I could shock him. It was def different at first but he grew to like it.

I have always been like Rapunzel. I love my hair long but when I cut it I cut a few feet off. I grew my hair out for 2 years then October 17th 2008 I cut 16 inches off. I'm getting the urge to do it again but I remember how long it took me to like my hair short.

My best friends Kelly and Danielle go back and forth on brown and blonde as well. We typically all go one color at one time then slowly switch all together again. Danielle and I were totally on board to go blonde, Kelly not so much. First Danielle and I did high lites and they turned out good but we wanted more. So instead of bleaching it we colored it blonde. We both looked like high lighters the second we washed it out. It's faded some so I am now a Mac n cheese crayola crayon. Everyone kept telling me to use shimmer lights shampoo, did that 3x and my hair is still orange/yellow. Luckily I'm not one to be embarrassed or care. I want to give my hair a break for a few weeks before I poor a bucket of bleach on it. We did high lites on Kelly and they looked good but she was not agreeing and quickly dyed it back brown.

I love dying my own hair or my friends hair. I can't say they love dying mine since they have to stand 3ft away to reach the ends of it but we always have fun.

May I suggest being in a good mood when dying your own hair!

This is right after I did it, pretty orange!

3 days later, yellow

After shimmer lights 3x uhhhh now it looks brown?!
 My kids change each picture too. ;)



  
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey superb blog! Does running a blog like this require a great deal
    of work? I've no understanding of computer programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow,
    should you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off subject but I simply needed to ask.
    Thanks!

    My blog post :: shimmer lights shampoo

    ReplyDelete