Monday, November 7, 2011

Been One of Those Days

Lately my kids and life have been throwing curve balls at me for fun. Like last Tuesday I had a horrible head ache. I went to the cabinet to get Tylenol and a bar of bakers chocolate flew out and hit me right in the nose. It wasn't as funny as it sounds. I couldn't even put my make up on the next day because it was so bruised. It is still healing after a week. It didn't help my head either. Only a "fat girl" as I could get smacked with a bar of chocolate.
You know those days where all you can think about is crawling into bed and waking up in a good mood? Or when all you can think about is a drink, and not juice, a real drink. Those days where the smallest and dumbest thing ruin your life. That was my day today.

Due to the loverly time change my girls were up at 6:30am. Now that wouldn't be so awful had I actually been to sleep. I finally got into bed and to sleep at 11pm, Bentley was then up at 1, 2, 4 and 5. Kid is so spoiled. So at 7am Kylie insisted we were late for school. No kid my alarm goes off in 45 minutes we aren't even supposed to be awake yet. It was her day to be class helper and she would of died if she was late.

I finally just decide to get up at 7:30 so for once I wouldn't be rushing to get out the door. 7:45 I was pulling a bead out of Kylie's nose that "Delainey put there." Why do kids think its fun to put things in their nose? After I fixed my face so I didn't look like a zombie I had to put the girls hair up. After 2 seconds of brushing Kylie's hair I find ketchup in it. How on earth? This kid has 15 strands of hair, that's it and she manages to get ketchup in it?

We are out the door, normal time not a minute early. I thought it would be a good day. I went to the fabric store, picked out some cute fabric for a car seat cover and headed home. After picking up Kylie from school Delainey was not in the mood to nap. I heard her upstairs but thought nothing of it as she normally plays around before she goes to sleep. Next thing I know I hear things flying down the stairs. She threw all the contents of her dresser down the stairs. I'm pretty sure I've blogged about how she loves to empty her dresser. Yes, that got boring. I made her put it all in her room but did not have the energy or patience to fold it all right away.

After that chaos I sat down and relaxed a little with my screaming clingy baby then the two hungry ones started bugging me. What do they think I am, their mother? Like I'm just supposed to feed them 3x a day or something? I as usual made something quick and kid friendly. Soup. Now soup in our house has a 50/50 chance of being eaten with not one drop spilt or the entire bowl being spilt. Since my day was going so great Kylie flipped her bowl and Delainey thought it would be fun to throw hers on the table. Such little artist they are.

I love my life. I love my life. I love my life.

Really?

She look so proud of her self.

This would be dinner.

I will even include pants & shoes for each of them.

When I go to bed at night and all is calm I realize how much i really do love my life. My kids challenge me every day but it makes me a stronger person. Often I want to give up and well hell I don't think I can just give up being a Mom like you can quit a job, but if there were a way to give up I've been close to it. I try to remind my self daily that I have an amazing husband and kids even through all the tantrums, screaming, sleepless nights, messes, and snotty noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment