Friday, October 7, 2011

Target

Target and I have a love-hate relationship. I have always been a Target person. I am not so in love with Walmart as much as I would drop dead if there weren't a Target near my house. When I first moved to California the first thing I did after getting our address is looking up the closest Target. Once I found out that it was 1.5 miles away from the house all my fears on moving seemed to disappear. You can't be unhappy if there's a Target that close to you. Lezzzbehonest!

Target is conveniently right by my neighborhood. In fact I'm almost positive the shopping center is connected to my neighborhood some how. So of course this means at any given moment that I need something I say ok lets go to Target. It's gotten so bad my kids get their shoes on and say "Where are we going, Target?" Thank the heavens this Target that is oh so close to me finally got fresh produce and groceries. Their prices are FAR better than Harris Teeter which is where I was going, only down fall is they don't exactly have everything you would need. When it is just the girls and I, I can get away with shopping there. When my husband is home and I have real dinners planned I have to go to the grocery store.

All Target's have this fabulous dollar section. Most that I've been in put it right in the door way. So you walk straight in grab 8 "dollar" items then get home to realize they were all actually $2.50. If you're anything like me you end up buying the most ridiculous things because it's just a dollar. What I have yet to get through my head is that if you buy 20 $1 items 3x a week, it starts to add up.

 I obviously just left Target because its my school day ritual since I only have 2 kids. I got those gooey window decals for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Now I buy these dumb things every holiday. I think in my head what a fun thing to let Kylie do to help decorate. Then 2 days later she has ripped them off the window, squished them into furniture and/or Delainey has tried to eat them. But for whatever unknown reason I just keep thinking that maybe just maybe I can keep them up on the windows until the actual holiday comes around. This time I decided to put them up my self, I put them up high so maybe she wont be able to reach them.

Have you been to an old Target lately? I can't stand it. You get those old regular looking shopping carts, the ones car seats don't fit in and they sound funny and just aren't sweet enough for this lady to push. It's awful. {Ok little exaggeration but seriously why do they even have those still?}

Can you walk out of Target and spend less than $100? I can't do it. I've tried and I have failed. The best is when you say ok I can't spend money we just need a few things. You get to the register and you have like 6 items and you're like damn I did good we wont spend too much. Your total is $101.01 ma'am. And what do you know you failed again. It's like no matter what you do things just get in your cart that before you walked in the store you had no idea you HAD to have them.

Sitting here staring at this beauty. Target $2.50 {in the $1 section)
I'm pretty sure I didn't need it.
This was 3 Target trips ago and I'm still buying Halloween decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment