Monday, August 15, 2011

Mom, I'm Dying

In the past 9 days I have sent my mom the same text at least 20 times. "Mom,I'm dying." I had a head ache last Saturday. I didn't think too much of it and tried drinking gallons of water, next tried caffiene and finally thought after a 'good' nights sleep I would be fine. Not so much.

After the first few days of never getting real relief I wanted to go crazy. My doctor had asked me not to take aspirin of any sort so excedrine was out of the question. If any of you have ever had a migraine you know how awful they can be. Now just add 3 kids to that mix. The little man is in this stage of thinking you have to hold or stare at him all day long. He makes sure to take all the attention. Delainey's new thing is high pitch squeals while running in circles around the house. And must I really say what my oldest has been up to? Some days it wasn't a migraine just a had ache and I learned how to deal. Others I was on the couch aka my death bed, the entire day.

Saturday, I had an appointment with this doctor whom I have no idea how to explain what he does. He hits certain pressure points (possibly) and releases all the build up toxins in your body. Now the night before I got real sleep and woke up feeling fine. Leaving his office he fixed my neck pain. That day could of possibly been the best day I've had in months. I got break after break that I am so grateful to have parents for. My husbands parents {well Dad and wish she was his mom but just his Dad's girlfriend} took the girls to the bookstore to eat breakfast with Cat in the Hat. My mom took Bentley so I could go to my appointment and kept him until 4. The girls and I got back from lunch at 1. Delainey went right down for a nap and Kylie and I did a few crafts. When I got my baby back my mom then took Kylie for the night. Then my husband's dad came back to watch the two little ones. I then got to giggle my day away with my two best friends. Sometimes it's just a great feeling to laugh at things that really aren't funny.

Sunday I woke up okay but not totally head ache free. By the end of the day I thought I may die. Today I woke up at 3am and thought I had died. My kids have played well together and upon my moms good idea, enjoyed eating breakfast foods all day. Very easy to make when feeling like death. I finally could not stand it and took some pain meds. Don't judge. 9 days is far too long to spend feeling this bad. 2 hours later I can't move my head without a sharp pain but I am alive!! I pray I get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling much better!

1 comment:

  1. OH! I hope you feel better soon. I heard eating more seafood helps and cutting back on cheese. Not sure if they're 100% true but worth a shot.
    Hang in there! x

    ReplyDelete