Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Miss Blogging!

It has been such a crazy last few weeks. The amount of things I've done, need to do,want to do and have done are unreal. You know when you've got so much to do yet you sit on the couch doing none of it? Yea that's my life in a nut shell. I finally got in the swing of things with 3 kids. I was going to the store with all 3 kids, making real meals, doing laundry, so on and so forth. And then I went out without kids to celebrate July 4th, big mistake.

My break was much needed and in my opinion much deserved. I'm grateful enough to have a mom who loves and is willing to watch my kids when needed. So on the 4th I brought my kids to my mom late morning then headed out on the lake with some friends. Bottle of vodka later and I was gone. I am not a big drinker, never have been but I started drinking at 1pm and had a drink in hand until I went to bed that night. I woke up still drunk and was until almost 2pm. I finally made it to pick up my kids but could not hear to save my life. I assumed it was water in my ear and ignored it for about a week.

That's when I start to regret my day out. On Thursday I went to the minute clinic to get it looked at after not sleeping for 3 days. She tells me wax is jammed in my ear and I need to flush it out. So my nurse friend Pam did just that, didn't help. The next day Pam comes over with all her gadgets so she can actually see in my ears. She finally was able to get all the wax out. {It was disturbing how much was in my ear, swear I clean them.} so for 4 days the water was stuck behind the wax sitting on my ear drum. I heard for all of 5 minutes then went back to my mute life. Sunday 2am, woke up to a wet ear and thought thank God the water finally came out! Nope. It was bleeding. Not just a drop, I leaned my head over the sink and it was dripping out of my ear. I won't lie I started to panic. One I was in pain. Two I'm pretty sure that's one body part that is just not supposed to bleed! On top of not hearing all week my phone decided to play in the rain on July 4th as well, so I had no phone to call anyone to help me. Luckily I had a way to text my mom from the computer and my friend Jake saw my facebook status and offered to take me to the ER. The ER of course looked at me like I was an idiot and nothing was wrong with me but home alone with 3 kids I wasn't chancing it. They gave me ear drops and told me good luck. I was in so much pain that my body was crying for me. Monday I was still in just as much pain but add a migraine to it as well. I couldn't eat because it spread to my jaw, therefore I couldn't take pain meds on an empty stomach. It took a half hour to eat a handful of cheese itz! Tuesday I was finally not in pain and my poor mother got to go home.

I still can not hear all the way. I'm supposed to put drops in my ear 4 times a day but I am lucky to do so 2 times a day with these crazy children! It is almost time for my husband to come home so I am frantic trying to figure out what needs to be done in the house. So much needs to be decorated, pictures still need to be hung. The things I've stared at for months but walk by and ignore! So in between the screaming kids I am trying to organize and figure out the things that need to be done. Lets be serious there is no time in between that!

Hope you all have a safe and swell weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds painful! I hope you feel better soon. Thank goodness for family!

    ReplyDelete