Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Baby Girl" is Growing Up

My little girl is getting so big. She is a huge help with the little ones and loves them to death. As much as I write about how big of a pain in the arshhh she is, she trolley is an amazing little girl. I've tried to give her more credit for the good things she does rather than yelling at the bad things. {which obviously happens more often.} Yesterday I got her packet for preschool. Bittersweet. I have been by this child's side, give or take a vacation or two for 4 years and 4 months. She has never been to daycare or had a regular weekly babysitter. I am so excited for her to start preschool.

As I got the packet of forms to sign my child's life away I couldn't help but smile. She gets so bored at home with me and I can't wait for her to have friends and learn even more than she already knows. Then I started laughing at my self because I kept saying how I  felt like a real mom as I read through all the papers. I'm not sure how after 4 years and 3 kids later I was just now feeling like a real  mom, but I did. And then I kept imagining all the other Mom's staring at me when I bring her in every day. I'll be that mom  who all the other mom's talk about trying to figure out my age. They will also try to figure out where my husband is or if I even have one. But that is okay. I will gladly take the "hot mom" reputation! When Ryan is in town I'm not sure I will allow him to pick her up. I'd be beating off the other Mom's with a stick.

She has open house the last day of August. I'm still wanting to cry. Is she really old enough for school? Am I really old enough for a kid in school?! Is this really happening? I'm going to have 4 solid hours 3 times a week away from her?! I get to pack lunches and put annoying Mom notes in them! Gosh I can't wait. Oh and holidays! I'm so excited to volunteer in her class. I can bake holiday cookies! Oh my goodness and embroider all the kids things! Wow who knew I could be so excited about preschool!

Just a little eager to help out!

I hope this is a good thing to help this little girl's attitude. I also hope that taking and picking her up is easier than I'm thinking. Right now I feel as if loading 3 kids in the car twice a day 3 times a week could be a lot of work!

1 comment:

  1. That does sound exhausting. I take my one child to a tops of three places in one day and that's enough for me. She gets to crabby for the loading and unloading. I can't imagine 3!

    ReplyDelete