Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finally Have Time to Blog

This is a little long and if you dont have kids it could be a little TMI! :)


Well for weeks my Mom and I were hounded with the annoying question of "Is he here yet?" As if we just weren't going to tell people for weeks that he was here. So after a few days of hearing this question over and over we started a game. So long as each of us had a new status on Facebook every day we were not bothered as much. My Mom then began to post a Jimmy Buffet song daily, either the lyrics or just the song title. Some had a point others didn't. Like when she used the "It's 5 O'clock somewhere the doctor had just told me I was 5cms dilated. And she posted "A son of a son of a sailor" is when he had arrived! I started writing TV show theme songs. They had no point or meaning just shows I watch or thought of that day. My husband joined in on the fun and began writing "My _____ is here", and wrote a type of car, then wrote "My Bentley is hereeee" the day he arrived. Yep we got clever in being annoyed by others.

So Thursday is the day I had an early doctors appointment. I expected to go right into labor after getting my membranes stripped. I was 3cm that day. My sister arrived around 1pm that afternoon. I got contractions right away but they weren't a lot or in any way consistent. My midwife had told me if I didn't go into labor that night to call the office and make an appointment to get my membranes stripped again. I of course didn't go into labor. I called the office and made a 9am appointment to try this again. She stripped my membranes and told me I was 5cm's. If any of you know the story of my second labor you know hearing that I was 5 Cm's terrified me. I didn't want to leave the hospital parking lot. I was frantic thinking my water was going to break and I would barely make it to the hospital just like last time. But I did in fact leave the hospital parking lot. I went home and waited for my mom to get there. Then my Mom, my sister Katie and I left to go closer to the hospital. I was getting contractions every 6-7 minutes at this point. We went to the Starbucks by the hospital to kill some time but to be close to the hospital. I was so afraid they would send me home and tell me I wasn't in labor. After walking around the hospital my mom finally said okay just go in there's no way they will send you home being 5cm's. So we walked in the hospital at 3:30pm. The nurse checked me after a while of being there and I was 6cm's. Once my midwife got there I was then 7cm's. She said well I can break your water and we will have this baby. I of course had to explain once you break my water give me 10 minutes and we will be having a baby. She then asked the question I went back and forth on for months, "Do you want an epidural?" I said No then started to get really nervous on my decision to actually do it without an epidural of choice. {I did it with my second but not of choice and it was in no way fun.} I got hooked up to an IV just because its required for everyone to have them. So technically I was not admitted into the hospital until 5:15. My water was broken at 5:30. During all this time I was talking to my husband on Skype chat. I had told him to go to bed so many times even for a half hour to get some sort of sleep as it was past midnight where he is. He refused and thank goodness he did. My contractions were not painful and I could talk through them all up until my water was broken. Once my water was broken I then handed over my phone and stopped talking to him by the 3rd contraction after that. By the 5th contraction it was time to push. 10 minutes of pushing and he was here. 26 minutes after my water was broken little Bentley Alan Burke was in my arms and being looked at via skype by his Daddy. His Aunt Katie cut his cord and both Grandma and Aunt Katie stayed standing thru the labor. {we joked that one of them would pass out.} He came out with his  cord wrapped around his head, his arm up and his cord wrapped around again. Apparently he had an extremely long cord. He was a healthy little peanut. 5 pounds 15 oz, 17 inches long born at 5:56 on Friday May 27th!

I was certain that Katie would no longer want kids after seeing all of that but her response was "Well you made it look so easy, I will have kids still." The funniest part of it all was when they delivered the placenta. Katie was behind me and I was skyping Ryan so not really paying attention and all I heard was her saying "ughhh really omg ughhh thats gross, ughh they just pull it out like that?" I was laughing inside because if you know anything of what it looks like yes it is in fact disgusting.

Ryan and I spent the first 30 minutes of little man's life just giggling and staring at him. We finally got off skype so Ryan could call his parents and tell them the good news as well as finally get some sleep since it was 2am! After about an hour my girls came up to see him and Kylie was in love with our baby boy! Delainey just pointed and repeated the words looook loooook over and over. Kylie asked what everything in the room was and Delainey just ran around the room looking for trouble.They didn't stay long because I had to get up and be moved to the postpartum room and it was getting late. I then called Danielle and Kelly and let them know the exciting news. Danielle laughed because she had texted me at 5 about the weather and I replied "Yea the weather is killing me." haha no big deal I wasn't in active labor or anything. Ryan's dad came to visit and after he left Kelly and Danielle came. My sister stayed with me that night and Bentley did great and never cried. The next day Ryan's good friend spent a while with us at the hospital. The girls came back up to see him as well. Then we left the hospital at 6 that night.

Our first night at home went great. Kylie and Delainey were FULL of energy but we finally got them to sleep! Sunday my friends from Georgia came to stay for 2 days. Most people who hear me say this tell me I'm crazy. Yeah I had a baby then had house guest 2 days later. I had quite a few friends stop by as well. It has been crazy ever since. I'm worn out and ready for things to calm down. Bentley is a week old tomorrow and I can't wait for his daddy to meet him!

Talking to Daddy!

As good as you can get with 3 kids. lol

My sister and I
i look awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment