Monday, May 16, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

I knew this blog post was going to have to be written at some point and I think it is time. I am full term in 4 days and that means little Bentley will be here in no time. As much as an exciting time this will be and I couldn't be happier to finally get the Momma's boy I have always wanted, it will also be an emotional time as well as a challenging one. That being said I have had to set "rules" about hospital visits and the "knowing" I am either in labor or have had him.

Before everyone gets their panties all up in a bunch, consider how you would feel if you were me. Imagine giving birth and holding your son for the first time with his Dad on the other side of the world. If you still feel like you wouldn't do things the way I am, well more power to ya. If you are a guy then consider being across the world and other people seeing and knowing about your son before you.

When I had our oldest daughter my hospital room was INSANE. Before I even made it to the recovery room, which mind you was 30 minutes after I had her, {Epidural was still in effect} I had close to 10 visitors. Once in the recovery room I then had over 35 visitors. Where as I was so glad everyone cared enough to come meet her and congratulate us it was a little over whelming. Ryan and I did not get to hold her or feed her until we were home. With our second daughter we were on the other side of the country and had a peaceful time enjoying that little girl all to our selves, and Grandma of course! I realize a lot of those people who came do not live here any more and times have changed, and hell face it, it is our third child but I am trying my hardest to protect my sanity for doing this without my husband.

Depending on the time of day I go into labor and you know if I actually manage to make it to the hospital,{Biggest fear and concern at this point in my life} will determine how much of a Nazi I will be. Ryan is usually able to get Internet and phone access any where from 11am-2pm our time on week days and on weekends much more flexible. So if I have him at 9am then I will be able to talk to Ryan right away and therefore the rest of you will then hear the announcement of his arrival. BUTTTT even after that happens PLEEEASE, can't stress this enough, call or text me personally and until you talk to me DO NOT show up to visit. Don't get offended because unless you are my mother, my father, my sister, my father in law, my brother in law, or have a matching flower tattooed on your foot you will not be allowed there. And if you want to see him badly enough to get a tattoo to match mine then yes I will let you in because that's just dedication. My mother is respecting my wishes so if you try to go through her and she turns you down just realize it's really me being the mean one behind that phone. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body, I stole all of those when I was born. You are more than welcome to bug me and let me know you want to know when he is born and I will put you on the list in my head to remember to text "first".

Go ahead tell me I'm crazy but you will probably get put down on the list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment