Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Things That Come Out of a 3 Year Old's Mouth

She's adorable right?
Most of my friends and family see my kids thru pictures and sometimes I feel I would enjoy them better in still images. That cute and adorable little model up there is a pain in my rear end 99.5% of the time. I love her but she is wearing me out this week!

My husband is a Marine as you all know so you can guarantee he and his friends don't have the cleanest mouth and I have to admit my self that I swear like a Marine as well. We have yet to have any problems with Kylie saying bad words but the things she says sometimes really make me wonder. Where do kids hear these things and know how to use them in the right context. This week has been more than interesting with Kylie and her attitude. The start of the week was 2 days of her screaming and whining because she didn't want to clean the SAME mess. Two days she refused. I wouldn't give in. I know better than to let her make such a huge mess and never clean it up. { I did however end up cleaning it but I didn't let her see me do it}

End of day one of this attitude she looked at me and said " I don't want you to be my mother anymore." Yep my three year old used the word mother? About 2 hours later she told me she wanted Grandma to be her "mother" because she wouldn't make her clean up. I thought I had a few years before she would start telling me she didn't want me as a mom but I guess with such a diva of a child I was wrong!

Day two she was calling Delainey a loser. I don't call many people losers in fact I cant recall the last time I even used that word. I assume she heard it from my lovely neighbor. After saying her 11 month old sister was a loser over and over she proceeded to push her over.

Today was much better than usual for our horrible week. But tonight she sat down to clean up her toys before bed and said "Bummer" whisper "Damn it" I am guilty to be the one who says damn it often. But when hearing her say it before I told her you don't say that word you say bummer. Any time anyone raises their voice in our house she screams for them to say bummer whether they are cussing or not. It's so hard not to laugh when they say funny things like this but I held it in and told her yet again it was a bad word and she couldn't say it.

I always joke that we will get a phone call on the first day of kindergarten.

"Hello Mr Burke, your daughter said the f word to another child today."
"Well I don't know where the f*ck she heard that from."

Hopefully my joke does not come true and she continues to scream at Marines for cussing! 

1 comment:

  1. I hate to admit it, but your post made me laugh! Thompson says some foul words because of Robert's potty mouth. I get so mad, but that just seems to make him want to say it over and over and over.

    ReplyDelete